Mini Hummus Pitas
Yummy peanut-butter chocolate-chip cookies. Made yesterday while blaring Honey Bee Pandora & sippin on riesling out of my monogrammed wine glass. Oh yes. Perfection.
Definitely need to do this exact same thing very very soon.
This is perfect for a Summertime appetizer!
Umm about to go make this right this second.
The prettier, fancier version of my avocado and corn salad.
Part 1: Pesto
I’m actually not even sure if pesto is a “food” but it sure it delicious! I made these pesto, chicken, tomato, spinach, and mozzarella paninis with our panini maker and they were AMAZING. I put pesto sauce on the inside of the bread and a little bit of olive oil on the outside and then just everything else in the middle.
Also pictured is my favorite avocado, lime juice, grape tomato, corn, and cilantro salad. I don’t really have a recipe but you can look up those ingredients and find a few recipes for it! While it tastes great on a bed of lettuce… of course it tastes a lot better with some scoops!
My next dinner was a regular margherita pizza that I bought at the grocery store, cut up some chicken and put, of course, pesto on it! I swear everything tastes better when pesto is involved!
Ok well… this isn’t actually a recipe. It’s a conglomeration of things that I kinda just threw in the blender. But it was delish.
• Spinach, yes, spinach. Used about 2 handfuls (really scientific measurement, sorry)
• Frozen blueberries (or bluebs as I like to call them). Poured in about a half of cup, these were key to making it nice and cold.
• Strawberries. I was a little nervous adding these since I wasn’t sure how these would taste since some of the real recipes I found online didn’t have them listed. With that being said, I only cut up one huge one.
• Greek yogurt. Used half- being cheap and saving the other half for the next smoothie I make!
• Banana. Pretty sure bananas are key ingredients in smoothies so I added the whole thing, nicely sliced of course.
• Skim milk. To be honest, I have no idea how much I added. But however much it was, was just right.
• A lot of the recipes that I found online and based this off of called for protein powder and/or chia seeds. This probably would have made it a lot healthy but… since I didn’t have them in the pantry I obviously couldn’t do that. Next time I really want to try chia seeds though!
Finished product! …in a Salty Dog Tervis of course :)
Chocolate dipped pretzels with red, white, and blue spinkles
Red, white, and blue sangria